Copyright © 2017 Envyous Customs Pty Ltd.
The software developed by us (Envyous Customs) (From hereby the terms ‘Us’ and ‘Our’ refer to Envyous Customs Pty Ltd) is provided ‘as-is’, without any express or implied warranty. Some of our software reads and modifies/reprograms code in electronic computer units (ECUs). Improper use of this software or errors within the software itself can cause engine damage and/or render the vehicle’s ECUs non-operational. Many ECUs can only be reflashed a limited number of times before the flash memory is no longer functional. Additionally, modification of your ECU’s software will most likely void your vehicles warranty from the manufacturer. In no event will Envyous Customs or other contributors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of our software.
Our software allows you read code/data from ECUs which can potentially be subject to various copyright and intellectual property laws where you live. It is your responsibility to use (or not use) this software in adherence with these laws.
Permission is granted to anyone to use this software in its complete distribution for any application, including for-hire work such as diagnostics on customer vehicles, tuning, and to redistribute it free of charge to others, subject to the following restrictions:
- The origin of our software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you authored or produced the original software. If you use tour software as part of a larger product or service, an acknowledgment in the product documentation should be made.
- Our software is to be used solely with our hardware (ALDL, ELM327 and ENVY) vehicle interfaces from Envyous Customs Pty Ltd or other officially licensed distributors. These sales fund the project development and keep the cost of such a tool reasonable.
- The software will check if a new version is available based on your current hardware and software. You are strongly encouraged to upgrade if your receive such a notice as new versions sometimes fix flaws that can cause issues with connection or programming ECUs.
- The software may not be altered in a way which circumvents or violates any licensing provisions.
- This notice may not be removed or altered from any distribution.